17 August 2021; Baingan Bharta(Eggplant Curry and Millet or Plain Roti/flatbread
You can just watch the lesson. Or cook after getting the zoom class recording. Zoom class recordings can be sent to all the registered participants. Feel free to ask the questions, after watching the video.
Choose a Currency (SGD or JPY). Note, we can only deliver ingredients within Singapore.
$22.00 – $32.00
Baingan means eggplant, brinjal, aubergine. Bharta means mashed. Baingan Bharta is mashed eggplant curry. Roasted eggplant seasoned with spices. If you don’t have a gas burner, you can roast it in an oven.
I will show you how to make Millet roti and Whole-wheat Roti. You can make any of them depending on the ingredients you get. If you don’t have gas burner,I will show you how to make it on skillet or frypan.
Millet is a hearty gluten-free grain that is easily digestible and contains many beneficial nutrients. It is packed with protein, high amounts of fiber, B-complex vitamins. We can use Pearl millet(Bajra) or Sorghum millet (Jowar) millet or Finger millet(Ragi). This roti is also called “Bhakri” which is common in West India (Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa, and Rajasthan province). This roti is often eaten with dry curries or with dal curry.
Plain Roti: Whole Wheat flatbread:
It is whole-wheat chapatti rich in folic acid, iron, and calcium. We make it every day.
You can make the curry with 5 basic spices and Garam masala.
You have the option of ordering the spices.
Please register for the “Class with Ingredients” option.
The spice kit will Include the following items and printed recipes. The following spices will be delivered by Singpost to your postbox. The delivery option is available only for Singapore residents. Please order 4 days before the cooking class so that the ingredients can be reached to you on time.
Special Ingredients Needed:
- Mustard Seeds(Optional)
- Cumin seeds
- Red chili powder
- Coriander Powder
- Garam masala (optional)
- Whole wheat flour (Atta)
- Pearl Millet Flour ( Or Sorghum millet or Finger millet) (Needed only if you want to make
Special Equipment Needed;
- Rolling Pin
- Skillet or Fry pan
How does the class work?
- Select a class option and register.
Only Class provides recipe and the online class.
Class with ingredients provides the recipe and the online class, and I will also post you all the dry ingredients ahead of the class. Please note delivery can take 3 working days.
- Ingredients Preparation:
- Prepare the ingredients needed before the class, according to the recipe.
- Prepare your device
- Please make sure that the device mic is working before the class
- The lesson will be conducted using Zoom. You do not need a Zoom account to participate, but it might be helpful. In the order summary you will get the Meeting ID and Password.
- Please join the class 10 mins before the start time above. Contact me if you have any difficulties.
- If possible, please set your account name as your full name in English.
- If you will be joining via your smartphone/tablet, please download the Zoom app.
- The meeting link will be available in your order details page.
- For more information, please refer to Zoom Support