23 March 2021: South Indian Meal: Beans Curry, Rasam(Tomato soup) and Lemon Rice. Gluten free Vegan Lunch !
23 March 2021(Tuesday)
Lunch Box Menu!
French Beans are one of the most commonly eaten green beans in India. This is a very basic recipe with basic five spices. and coconut is added to give it a South Indian flavor. It is a dry stir fry vegetable curry, often called Subji in North India. And Poriyal/Thoran in South Indian. Tarkari in Nepal. It is satvik recipe without onion and garlic. It’s a Gluten-free vegan curry. I often make it for a lunch box. You can have this curry with any Indian bread or rice.
Rassam(Tomato and dal Soup):
Rasam is one of the most important dishes of south Indian cuisine. This light, tangy and spicy south Indian dish is usually served as a main dish with rice and vegetable curry. My favorite way of serving it is in cups, like a soup, Perfectly warming for a cold day!
Lemon rice is a delicious south Indian dish. Lemon juice gives a very refreshing and tangy flavor to the rice. Best to carry in the lunch box or for a picnic!!
Special Ingredients Needed:
You will need Basic 5 spices for the curry, lemon rice, and a few more for the Rasam
- Mustard Seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Coriander powder
- Chili Powder
- Dry Red Chilies
- Urad dal (optional)
- Fenugreek seeds/Methi seeds(Optional）
- Tamarind (optional)
- Asafoetida／Hing (optional)
- Fresh or desiccated coconut (optional)
- Fresh Curry leaves
You can get most of the ingredients at an online store. We can deliver the above-mentioned dry ingredients and printed recipes to your doorsteps. Please register for the “Class with Ingredients” option. Delivery will take 3 working days and it will for 4 servings. But if you want more then please contact me at [email protected]
Please note we are unable to deliver fresh curry leaves or fresh coconut by post. But they are easily available in Singapore, like in NTUC fairprice, Cold storage, Gaint, etc.
How does the class work?
- Select a class option and register.
Only Class provides recipe and the online class.
Class with ingredients provides the recipe and the online class, and I will also post you all the dry ingredients ahead of the class. Please note delivery can take 3 working days.
- Ingredients Preparation:
- Prepare the ingredients needed before the class, according to the recipe.
- Prepare your device
- Please make sure that the device mic is working before the class
- The lesson will be conducted using Zoom. You do not need a Zoom account to participate, but it might be helpful. In the order summary you will get the Meeting ID and Password.
- Please join the class 10 mins before the start time above. Contact me if you have any difficulties.
- If possible, please set your account name as your full name in English.
- If you will be joining via your smartphone/tablet, please download the Zoom app.
- The meeting link will be available in your order details page.
- For more information, please refer to Zoom Support