25 April 2021(Sun):Pav Bhaji Watermelon Juice : Mumbai Fast Food – Sunday family Cooking Class !
Watermelon Juice :
Make Watermelon juice with fresh watermelon. Watermelon has antioxidant and cleansing properties. Rehydrating drink is good to drink in the summer season. Beat the heat and give your family healthy fresh juice.
Pav Bhaji is a very popular fast food yet healthy dish that originated on the streets of Mumbai. Pav is buns and bhaji is the mixed vegetable curry.
Pav Bhaji is also a deliciously sneaky way to get the kids to eat their veggies!! It is loved by kids and often made for kid’s birthday parties. I have taught this many times at the Japanese association’s Parents and Kids cooking class. And kids have loved it so much.
So keep your Sunday free and make this quick dish with your family and enjoy it with family!
In the picture, you will see roasted chickpeas, which are store-bought snacks. We are not using them in this class.
Quick Onion Salad:
The easy onion salad is a must for PavBhaji!Try to get red onions.
Buy Butter Rolls or hamburger buns or Indian Pav bread or Panini bread or sliced bread. I recommend Indian pav buns which are available online or in Indian stores in Singapore. In Japan, you can buy butter rolls (My kids used to love them). The photo
If you don’t have a pressure-cooker then keep boiled potatoes ready and cut the vegetables as per the recipe. Measure and keep all the ingredients ready.
You have the option of ordering the spices.
Please register for the “Class with Ingredients” option.
The spice kit will Include the following items and printed recipes. The following spices will be delivered by Singpost to your postbox. The delivery option is available only for Singapore residents. Please order 4 days before the cooking class so that the ingredients can be reached to you on time.
Special Spices Needed
- Cumin seeds
- Red Chili powder
- Pav bhaji Masala or Garam Masala
- Chaat Masala (optional)
- Kasuri Methi (optional)
- Himalaya Salt or Black salt (optional)
How does the class work?
- Select a class option and register.
Only Class provides recipe and the online class.
Class with ingredients provides the recipe and the online class, and I will also post you all the dry ingredients ahead of the class. Please note delivery can take 3 working days.
- Ingredients Preparation:
- Prepare the ingredients needed before the class, according to the recipe.
- Prepare your device
- Please make sure that the device mic is working before the class
- The lesson will be conducted using Zoom. You do not need a Zoom account to participate, but it might be helpful. In the order summary you will get the Meeting ID and Password.
- Please join the class 10 mins before the start time above. Contact me if you have any difficulties.
- If possible, please set your account name as your full name in English.
- If you will be joining via your smartphone/tablet, please download the Zoom app.
- The meeting link will be available in your order details page.
- For more information, please refer to Zoom Support