22 January 2021; Baingan Bharta and Millet Roti- Roasted Eggplant Curry and Millet Flatbread
This class(16 Dec 2020) is mainly conducted in Japanese.
If you are interested in any other past classes please contact me at [email protected]
The class can be conducted in Japanese or English or in both Languages at your suitable timings with a minimum group of 4 people.
Baingan means eggplant, brinjal, aubergine. Bharta means mashed. Baingan Bharta is mashed eggplant curry. Roasted eggplant seasoned with spices .
Millet is a hearty gluten-free grain that is easily digestible and contains many beneficial nutrients. It is packed with protein, high amounts of fiber, B-complex vitamins. We can use Pearl millet(Bajra) or Sorghum millet (Jowar) millet or Finger millet(Ragi). This roti is also called “Bhakri” which is common in West India (Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa, and Rajasthan province)This roti is often eaten with dry curries or with dal curry.
Special Ingredients Needed:
- Mustard Seeds(Optional)
- Cumin seeds
- Red chili powder
- Coriander Powder
- Garam masala(optional)
- Whole wheat flour (Atta)
- Pearl Millet Flour ( Or Sorghum millet or Finger millet)
You can get most of the ingredients at an online store.
we can deliver the above-mentioned ingredients with printed recipes to your doorsteps. Please register for the “Class with Ingredients” option
Special Equipment Needed;
- Rolling Pin
How does the class work?
- Select a class option and register.
Only Class provides recipe and the online class.
Class with ingredients provides the recipe and the online class, and I will also post you all the dry ingredients ahead of the class. Please note delivery can take 3 working days.
- Ingredients Preparation:
- Prepare the ingredients needed before the class, according to the recipe.
- Prepare your device
- Please make sure that the device mic is working before the class
- The lesson will be conducted using Zoom. You do not need a Zoom account to participate, but it might be helpful. In the order summary you will get the Meeting ID and Password.
- Please join the class 10 mins before the start time above. Contact me if you have any difficulties.
- If possible, please set your account name as your full name in English.
- If you will be joining via your smartphone/tablet, please download the Zoom app.
- The meeting link will be available in your order details page.
- For more information, please refer to Zoom Support