4 Aug 2021: Potato Curry, Puri and Shrikhand (Yogurt Dessert)
You can just watch the lesson. Or cook after getting the zoom class recording. Zoom class recordings can be sent to all the registered participants. Feel free to ask the questions, after watching the video.
Choose a Currency (SGD or JPY). Note, we can only deliver ingredients within Singapore.
$22.00 – $32.00
This is a popular north Indian dish. This all-time favorite Potato curry is easy to make with 5 basic spices. It is a beginner’s recipe. Gluten-free vegan curry.
Poori ( puri )is a very popular Indian fried unleavened bread, especially among kids. Pooris are prepared on special occasions. It is made with whole wheat flour. Everyone loves hot and puffy puris with potato curry or the dessert (Shrikhand), which we are making in this class.
Shrikhand is a classic dessert of Western India. Plain thick yogurt is transformed into an aromatic delicacy flavored with saffron and cardamom.No cooking is required in making this dessert. You can add nuts, dry fruits, or seasonal fruits. Traditionally in the western part of India, it is eaten with puri, especially on special occasions.
You can make the curry with 5 basic spices and Garam masala.
You have the option of ordering the spices.
Please register for the “Class with Ingredients” option.
The spice kit will Include the following items and printed recipes. The following spices will be delivered by Singpost to your postbox. The delivery option is available only for Singapore residents. Please order 4 days before the cooking class so that the ingredients can be reached to you on time.
Special Ingredients Required:
- Cumin seeds
- Coriander Powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Chili powder
- Garam Masala
- Dry Mango powder(Amchoor) (Optional)
- Indian Whole-wheat flour
- Carom / Ajwain seeds (optional)
Special Equipment Required:
- Rolling pin,
- Hand held egg beater
How does the class work?
- Select a class option and register.
Only Class provides recipe and the online class.
Class with ingredients provides the recipe and the online class, and I will also post you all the dry ingredients ahead of the class. Please note delivery can take 3 working days.
- Ingredients Preparation:
- Prepare the ingredients needed before the class, according to the recipe.
- Prepare your device
- Please make sure that the device mic is working before the class
- The lesson will be conducted using Zoom. You do not need a Zoom account to participate, but it might be helpful. In the order summary you will get the Meeting ID and Password.
- Please join the class 10 mins before the start time above. Contact me if you have any difficulties.
- If possible, please set your account name as your full name in English.
- If you will be joining via your smartphone/tablet, please download the Zoom app.
- The meeting link will be available in your order details page.
- For more information, please refer to Zoom Support