8 July 2021: Ayurvedic cooking: Make your own Ghee,Turmeric Milk and Peanut Energy balls
Immunity Booster dishes.
If you can’t attend the zoom or can’t cook with me then I will send a zoom class recording and recipes to you. Feel free to ask the questions, after watching the video.
Choose a Currency (SGD or JPY). Note, we can only deliver ingredients within Singapore.
Immunity Booster Menu
Ghee (also known as clarified butter) is a clarified butter that originated in India almost 500 years back It’s easy to make at home.Ghee helps in the digestion of food, it is an appetizer, cooling agent, moisturizer and lubricant, and a general health booster. According to Ayurveda one should eat small amounts of ghee every day to improve your overall health.
Turmeric Milk: Turmeric Latte:
In India, it is called Haldi Doodh (Haldi means Turmeric and Doodh means Milk). In the western world, it is called Golden Milk or Turmeric Latte.
Turmeric has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-allergic and immunity booster properties.
Peanut Ladoo: Brain balls/ Energy bites:
Home-made healthy peanut and jaggery balls (ladoos). It is much better than store brought granola/energy bars. The combination of vital vitamins and proteins of peanuts and iron of jaggery is good for health. According to Ayurveda eating 1 ball (ladoo) after a meal increases Iron absorption.
You will not need any special spices except turmeric powder for this class. Most of the ingredients are available in supermarkets.
Special Ingredients needed:
- Good Quality Turmeric powder Or Fresh Turmeric root (Available in Singapore Supermarkets or wet market as yellow ginger)
- Cardamom/Clove/Nutmeg/Cinnamon/saffron (any one of these spices-but all are optional)
How does the class work?
- Select a class option and register.
Only Class provides recipe and the online class.
Class with ingredients provides the recipe and the online class, and I will also post you all the dry ingredients ahead of the class. Please note delivery can take 3 working days.
- Ingredients Preparation:
- Prepare the ingredients needed before the class, according to the recipe.
- Prepare your device
- Please make sure that the device mic is working before the class
- The lesson will be conducted using Zoom. You do not need a Zoom account to participate, but it might be helpful. In the order summary you will get the Meeting ID and Password.
- Please join the class 10 mins before the start time above. Contact me if you have any difficulties.
- If possible, please set your account name as your full name in English.
- If you will be joining via your smartphone/tablet, please download the Zoom app.
- The meeting link will be available in your order details page.
- For more information, please refer to Zoom Support